Eggless Vanilla Cake
Happy Valentine's Day Eggless Vanilla Cake in Marathi Time: Prep time - 25 to 30 minutes | Ba...
Happy Valentine's Day
Eggless Vanilla Cake in Marathi
Time: Prep time - 25 to 30 minutes | Baking Time - 35 to 40 minutes
Yield: 10 small pieces
3/4 cup All purpose flour (100 gms)
200 gram Condensed milk (1/2 cup + couple more tablespoons) (Tip 5)
1/4 cup Butter (unsalted) (60 gms)
1/2 tsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Baking soda
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 cup carbonated water (120 ml) (soda water) (Tip 4)
Don't have Oven?? Make this cake in Pressure Cooker, click here for the recipe
1) Preheat oven at 350 F (180 C).
2) Sieve all purpose flour, baking soda and baking powder together into a medium bowl
3) Take another deep and medium mixing bowl. Add softened butter and condensed milk. Beat using hand mixer or egg beater. Mix until well blended and smooth. Add vanilla essence and blend for a minute.
4) Now, add half of the all purpose flour to butter and condensed milk batter. Mix with the hand mixer. Then add half of the soda water and blend. Then again add flour, followed by soda water. Mix well until smooth consistency.
5) Pour the batter into greased baking tin. To remove excessive air bubbles, hit the pan very gently on the counter-top. The pan goes into the oven for 35-40 minutes.
6) After 35-37 minutes poke at the center of cake with a toothpick. If it comes out clean, that means cake is ready. If you find wet batter on the toothpick, then bake for another 10 minutes.
Once cake is baked, remove it out from the cake tin and put it on a wired rack to cool down. After 15-20 minutes, cut the cake and its ready to enjoy.
1) There are variety of cake tin shapes available in the market. You can make the above cake in heart, oval, round, square shape.
2) The above quantity is good for 2 to 3 people. So, double the amount of ingredients to make little larger cake.
3) For the above given ingredients, you will need little smaller cake tin. The cake tin which I used is approx 8 X 3". After pouring the batter into cake tin, the level should be around 1.5 to 2 inches from the bottom.
4) Do not use other sodas like coke, pepsi, ginger ale, lemon soda etc. Use plain soda water. Soda water makes the cake fluffier.
5) After mixing all the ingredients, taste the batter a little. If you want it little more sweet, add few tablespoon condensed milk. Mix well after adding it.